Wharram Builders and Friends

A Photo & Discussion Forum for Wharram Design Enthusiasts

Building Techniques and Solutions (327)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Narai with Dual Outboards

Though it is not extraordinary to have dual outboards (standard on Tiki 38 and larger), especially with so many people modifying their clas…

Started by Budget Boater

4 Mar 29, 2014
Reply by Charlie

Deck blocks tiki 30 plans

Possibly the camber on my forward  deck is unique but the 40 mm deck blocks that the plans call for are not high enough I've glued up some…

Started by john james

15 Mar 29, 2014
Reply by Galway Bay

Narai With a 4 Cabin Layout and Queen-sized Bed

One of the design changes I plan to implement during our Narai build is to create four separate, enclosed cabins. One of the features of th…

Started by Budget Boater

0 Mar 25, 2014

Narai MKIV Without Beam Troughs

Because I have come to very much dislike beam troughs, I plan to eliminate them and mount the beams on the deck in a fashion similar to the…

Started by Budget Boater

0 Mar 25, 2014

lashing for rudder question

I have a 25 foot umiak trimaran. This funny boat has a steering oar. It is 11 feet long and made from fir heart wood so is very heavy. I tr…

Started by clif high

13 Feb 25, 2014
Reply by Cooper Dan

Tiki 21 Supports for mast

Has anyone got a scheme for two supports on which to place the mast during river/canal navigation with the tiki 21? Thanks

Started by Stefano Silvestri

1 Feb 24, 2014
Reply by Jay Bennett

Hull Epoxy and Paint Renovation

Ok, so all the paint is off my Tiki 21. After removing the paint (not by sanding) I'm cleaning up the surface by sanding. Clearly I'm takin…

Started by Ian Bamsey

11 Jan 22, 2014
Reply by Marty Peters

Rot repair advice

I'm removing the deck paint on my Tiki 21. The boat is in great shape. However, I've found one small area with some rot. You can see it is…

Started by Ian Bamsey

4 Jan 9, 2014
Reply by Ian Bamsey

repair on the mast of the schooner, will withstand?

Dear friends, I accepted a job to repair a mast of a schooner. Look what I did ... I do not know if it will withstand, what do you think? S…

Started by Rogerio Martin

1 Nov 23, 2013
Reply by Shaun

Building new desks for Tiki 21

I've just taken my Tiki 21 out of the water for the winter. Looking at recent damage and general condition, I'm considering building new ce…

Started by Ian Bamsey

5 Nov 8, 2013
Reply by Galway Bay

RSS

© 2024   Created by Budget Boater.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service