Wharram Builders and Friends

A Photo & Discussion Forum for Wharram Design Enthusiasts

Building Techniques and Solutions (250)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Composite Beams

I will be interesting to see if these beams are strong enough -- I am not an engineer; however, I believe my beams are as strong or perhaps…

Started by Thom delForge

51 Apr 9
Reply by Brad Ingram

GET GOOD PLY!!! AVOID FRUSTRATION!!!

I won't swear here because this is a family forum.  But please know that I have been swearing for a couple of hours while we used some low…

Started by Ann and Neville Clement

0 Apr 1

There's no mistake that cant get fixed with epoxy.......

Hi all built it for a few days tore it to pieces.... then did it again........     Why Not's? lee pod.....  https://youtu.be/dFRCXG03AY0

Started by rael dobkins

0 Mar 9

Proa WHY NOT? total build episode 2

His face lift goes on... from day sailor to micro cruiser..... total build, on a shoe string. 2nd episode, from Balkan Shipyards. https:…

Started by rael dobkins

0 Feb 23

The inspiration I got from Wharrams lead to this.....

I just love multi hulls.  For me Wharrams are the most logical, they just focus more on what's important then only performance. That's th…

Started by rael dobkins

6 Feb 15
Reply by rael dobkins

from Day sailor to baby micro cruiser....

Hi all Proa Why Not? is so sweet that I'm gonna convert him into a micro cruising, camping, shoestring, poor man wanna go sailing..... sa…

Started by rael dobkins

0 Feb 12

Error on Melanesia Plans

This one cost me a lot of brain power before I figured it out, so I'm posting here in hopes it will save another Melanesia builder a headac…

Started by Rich Young

3 Feb 11
Reply by Nathan Stanley

Possible new build?

Yep, I thinking/dreaming of another build,who knows? Hans Klaars magnificent boat Ontong Java would be the inspiration for the build. I wou…

Started by paul anderson

12 Jan 28
Reply by Jeremy Walker

Stern drain hole

I'm still getting to know my recently acquired Pahi 42. A few mysteries remain. One of those mysteries is the drain hole in the compartment…

Started by Robert

6 Jan 27
Reply by Andy Best-Dunkley

Is this the correct way to tie lashings Tiki26.

Was just wondering if this is the best solution . Was concerned that the lashing crosses the loop in the bowline and could cut through with…

Started by patrick lennon

6 Nov 25, 2016
Reply by Lee Dilkes

RSS

© 2017   Created by Budget Boater.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service