Wharram Builders and Friends

A Photo & Discussion Forum for Wharram Design Enthusiasts

Building Techniques and Solutions (276)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Limber Holes

Hi All, Little Cat (Tiki 21) has no limber holes in her bulkheads, and the plans do not mention them. Any thoughts on whether or not to dri…

Started by Roger

4 Mar 20
Reply by Roger

Melanesia Beams

Hello, I would like to laminate up some new beams for my Melanesia.  What is the best wood to use for strength and weight in the UK?  Plus…

Started by Mark Stevens

2 Mar 12
Reply by Mark Stevens

Up and down movement of the rudders

The Tiki rudders are supposed to be hinged with 4 millimeter polyester string. Have you been able to tie the string in the figure-of-eight…

Started by Olli Väänänen

11 Feb 21
Reply by Ian R

A user friendly proa rig.

Hi all, well it's time to start all over. Lets just turn it all upside down and go from there..... The "LaSHUNK" may be what we were after.…

Started by rael dobkins

0 Feb 18

Melanesia plans question

Hi All, I'm wondering if anyone can clarify: Should the bow end of the bottom panels have a radius in the indicated area, or be cut to an a…

Started by Nathan Stanley

3 Feb 5
Reply by Nathan Stanley

Tiki 38 Forward-leaning windshield

I´m sorry guys if this is ridiculous, but i would like to know your oppinion about this forward-leaning windshield, its advantages and if t…

Started by Giovani Frisene

1 Oct 29, 2017
Reply by Axel

Tiki 38 aluminum tiller bar

Is there anyone with some ideas or images of an aluminum tiller bar for the Tiki 38. What should be the diameter and the wall? And the conn…

8 Oct 29, 2017
Reply by Brett Parker

Is it recommended to coat whole sheets of plywood with epoxy before any cutting?

More specific, should I first coat with epoxy the 18mm sheets that I am using for the backbone parts? I have read this recommendation on Ne…

Started by Building SV Satoshi

12 Oct 23, 2017
Reply by Stewart Coates

Tiki 21beam repair

I bought a tiki 21 this summer. Its generally in good condition. I did notice that the beams needed some new paint, but when I got them int…

Started by Rune M. Christensen

5 Oct 22, 2017
Reply by Brad Ingram

Deckpod Modification Tiki 38

Hi guys, this is Giovani from Brazil, I am currently about to finish building a Tiki 38. I intent to live aboard.Here in Brazil we have bas…

16 Oct 12, 2017
Reply by Budget Boater

RSS

© 2018   Created by Budget Boater.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service