Wharram Builders and Friends

A Photo & Discussion Forum for Wharram Design Enthusiasts

Building Techniques and Solutions (326)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Pahi42 cockpit mounting

I am in the process of building the Pahi42 cockpit. The plans call for 2x1 hardwood rails attached to the bottom inside edges of beams 3 an…

Started by Ken Blandford

6 May 26, 2023
Reply by Lovako

slatted deck construction

Hi, I would like to get your opinions on how best to construct slatted decks, in particular, how to attach the gratings to the bearers. I h…

Started by Cute Helles

5 May 24, 2023
Reply by Ian R

Lower hull panels on my Tiki 38 doesn't fit properly...?

This is the problem: The aft section of the boat (from aft end of keel to skeg end) seems to be distorted to the extent that there's a rise…

Started by Klaus Pedersen

16 May 17, 2023
Reply by Eamon Green

kaimiloa's new pod

i modified the original wharram pod to suit better for our usual family sailing. 

Started by luis

3 Mar 28, 2023
Reply by adriano meis

Proa lashed up, Shunting soon... Balkan Shipyards

A decade of shunting and our 4th build.... VIDEO Below, Sailing, New BOAT, Lashings... and more. Keep Shunting, BSY https://youtu.be/ApOQ

Started by rael dobkins

0 Feb 15, 2023

Ply box beam venting

Hi, I'm making new beams for my Hinemoa, Tiki style, and I'm wondering if I should be venting the cavities? Any thoughts? Thanks.

Started by Finn

1 Oct 10, 2022
Reply by Jeff

Tiki 38 Bulkhead #4 Beam Trough

I am working through the plans for my Tiki 38 Build #179 and have questions about the beam trough at bulkhead #4.  It appears that the stri…

Started by Jeff

3 Sep 18, 2022
Reply by Olivier R.

Proa SELF STEERING? AD-Scull?? Sheet to Tiller??? Lets see...

Shunting Proas don't have a fixed stern. Rudders must be raised or moved after every shunt. This VIDEO explains pros and cons of the variou…

Started by rael dobkins

5 May 16, 2022
Reply by rael dobkins

Shunting Proas don't have a fixed stern. Rudders must be raised or moved after every shunt. This VIDEO explains pros and cons of the variou…

Started by rael dobkins

0 Apr 2, 2022

Started by rael dobkins

0 Apr 2, 2022

RSS

© 2024   Created by Budget Boater.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service