Wharram Builders and Friends

A Photo & Discussion Forum for Wharram Design Enthusiasts

Anchoring!!! (20)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Rocna ?

Anyone here using Rocna anchors or know someone who is ?

Started by George Ray

21 Apr 29, 2015
Reply by WaveDancer & Bella

Rudder Damage on Swinging Mooring

My Tiki 21 is on a swinging mooring which dries on springs. One rudder was damaged and I had planned to replace both soon. I now discover t…

Started by Ian Bamsey

6 Aug 16, 2014
Reply by David King

Bedside anchor watch

On Peace IV, we have a small GPS hand held plugged in to the ship's 12 volt electric system with a cigarette lighter.  It hangs beside my p…

Started by Ann and Neville Clement

4 Dec 2, 2013
Reply by Robert Sheridan

About Mooring and bridles

Excuse my ignorance please. My newly acquired Tiki 21 is out of the water now undergoing a general refurb and refit. When it goes back in t…

Started by Ian Bamsey

4 Nov 25, 2013
Reply by Randall S Anselmo

Anchor,bridle set up tiki 26

G,day all With all you intrepid cat sailors and builders can you advise me on the weight of anchor,length of chain,thickness of chain etc.I…

Started by paul anderson

9 Aug 22, 2013
Reply by paul anderson

strong points for anchor bridle

Hi all,after spending a cranky day in the forward storage areas squeezing thru the hatches trying to fasten bolts on some pop up cleats i t…

Started by paul anderson

6 Mar 27, 2012
Reply by Roger

Archimedes screw / Helical embedded screw anchor

I'm wondering if anyone has experience with embedded mooring systems, and/or knows how to weld bronze to iron, or bronze to stainless steel…

Started by Tom

12 Oct 18, 2011
Reply by alex

Using a stern anchor

We have no trouble anchoring from our bow, but occasionally we have had to put out a stern anchor also due to a strong current or because o…

Started by Jeff Kittle

3 May 18, 2011
Reply by Robert Sheridan

weight

Tiki 26. Delta anchor. How heavy should it be?  is the beam the best place to fix the anchor rope at the boat?

Started by adriano meis

7 Oct 13, 2010
Reply by boatsmith

where to mount anchor

I have a Tangaroa and want to move the Anchor and chain from hanging over the front to deploying from the second beam... is this a good ide…

Started by Tim Cox

4 Aug 24, 2010
Reply by Tim Cox

RSS

© 2024   Created by Budget Boater.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service