Wharram Builders and Friends

A Photo & Discussion Forum for Wharram Design Enthusiasts

NEWS (374)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Shameless Plug

Hi Folks I hope you'll forgive this shameless self-promotion. I've just published my latest book on Amazon. It's entitled 'A Foolish Odysse…

Started by Neil Hawkesford

1 Mar 5
Reply by Rod McLaren

Tiki 8m Build

We started another Tiki 8m in late Sept. Here are pics of the hulls in construction. We use vinylester resin, biaxial fiberglass and Diviny…

Started by boatsmith

4 Jan 30
Reply by boatsmith

Manu Rere T-Boned

The Tama Moana "Manu Rere" from Glenn Tieman suffered serious damage when being at anchor in Terengganu, Malaysia. See http://www.latitude3

Started by Andrés

8 Dec 29, 2017
Reply by Glenn Tieman

Life while boat building

Looking back on the years when we were building Peace IV, our Tiki 46, and also while sailing her for over 50,000 miles, I want to share so…

Started by Ann and Neville Clement

2 Nov 3, 2017
Reply by Building SV Satoshi

Sad passing of Akhona, co-builder of Luckyfish

Today with sadness I post this tribute from Dan Hardwicke in South Africa, the builder of Luckyfish, to his co-worker Akhona Bayana, who ha…

Started by Stewart Coates

1 Oct 27, 2017
Reply by boatsmith

Wharram build in New Mexico

Hey everyone,  Emily and I just got back from a drive all night road trip to Albuquerque to visit and learn from Axel.  He is close to fi…

Started by Jeff Lindsey

2 Oct 7, 2017
Reply by Axel

Tiki (or Tane) capsize in Goodland, Florida during Irma

I have several fotos taken on my iphone 4s, but never figured out how to upload to the Internet(born 1941 - building 48' cat full time) Any…

Started by dennis schneider

5 Oct 6, 2017
Reply by Brad Ingram

Tiki 46 build

I would like to build a Tiki 46 in the future.  I have not built a boat before, but my career is that I own and operate a machine shop/ we…

Started by Darcy Rylander

9 Sep 24, 2017
Reply by dennis schneider

Build help wanted

I'm in New Mexico, finishing up a Tiki 38. The plan is to launch next year.  I built the bulk of the boat on my own but I am at a place whe…

Started by Axel

8 Aug 25, 2017
Reply by Axel

tiki 26 honey badger swap for Narai mk1v.

Wow! What an adventure it has been for me and my little ship up the east coast of Australia . I have spent a week on a deserted island with…

Started by salti

6 Jul 9, 2017
Reply by salti

RSS

© 2018   Created by Budget Boater.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service